Migration – United Kingdom

1. Entering the United Kingdom
2. Staying in the United Kingdom
3. Leaving the United Kingdom

EU Member States, Schengen, Visa Lists

The following section, Migration – United Kingdom, contains information on the conditions which must be fulfilled in order for women to be able to enter the United Kingdom and to obtain a residence permit and – where applicable – a work permit.

The section is divided into three parts.
Part 1 (Entering the United Kingdom) gives details of the conditions under which a migrant may legally enter the United Kingdom. In most cases she can apply for a visa which permits her to come to the country and to remain there for a limited period of time. This initial permit is described in Part 1. Possibilities for staying in the country vary according to the purpose of the intended stay, and are detailed separately in the text by reason for staying (1. Tourist, 2. Work, 3. Marriage, 4. Same-Sex Partnership, 5. as a Mother, 6. Student, 7. Au Pair, 8. Asylum).
Information is given regarding conditions for entry into the country, documents required and the duration of the permit, as well as whether or not the woman who holds the visa is permitted to work.
Part 2 (Staying in the United Kingdom) indicates the length of time and the conditions under which the woman may, having legally entered the country, extend her stay in the United Kingdom, as well as the conditions under which the initial residence permit – usually obtained in the form of a visa – can be extended. Therefore, this section is divided into the according categories (1. Tourist, 2. Work, 3. Married Persons, 4. as a Mother, 5. Asylum Seekers). In addition, it contains information regarding possibilities for obtaining United Kingdom citizenship (6. Acquisition of Nationality).
Part 3 (Leaving the United Kingdom), indicates in section 1 (Reasons) reasons which may lead to the woman being forced to depart the country. Section 2 (Consequences) contains information regarding consequences for a woman who is expelled or deported from the United Kingdom.

Scroll to Top